Friday, May 25, 2007

Unleash the Creativity in Your Child Through Reading

I will be speaking at the Home Team NS Entrepreneurs Club for their Mini Talks by Women's Chapter on:



25 May 2007 (Friday)
7.30 pm to 10.30 pm
CELL Room, HomeTeamNS Bukit Batok Clubhouse
Charges: HTNSpreneur FOC
Member: $5.00
Guest: $8.00
(Charges are by Home Team NS Club, I doing this presentation FOC.)

Areas that I'll be covering include:
  • Understand the role story reading plays in creativity
  • Learn how to read stories to and with your children
  • Appreciate what are suitable children’s books
  • Sharing of kidsREAD volunteering experience
Do drop by if you happen to be in the vicinity. :-)

Post Script:

It was a cosy affair as we had 5 speakers covering various aspects of entrepreneurship as well as sharing of experiences of turning hobbies into a living. Toastmasters Edmund Chew, Susan Wong, Boon Hwee, John Woo and myself spoke on areas ranging from:
  • DNA - Discovery, Networking and Action (Edmund Chew)
  • Turning a floral arrangement hobby to a business (Susan Wong)
  • Passion for food business (John Woo)
  • Unleashing creativity in children through reading (myself)
  • From internal auditor to business women (Boon Hwee)
I also learnt from these fellow experienced toastmasters about how they sought out their entrepreneurial paths and the struggles and challenges they went through in their respective journeys. Highly enjoyable!

It never fails to amaze me how I learn something new everytime I attend a toastmasters meeting!

No comments: